Prenatal visits are scheduled for up to 45 minutes providing time for questions and discussions focusing on education, collaboration, prevention, nutrition, psychology of birth, medical tests, birth plans, personal/family beliefs and newborn care. The longer visits allow time to develop a strong, trusting relationship with Susan and confidence in your body and natural childbirth. Please come to your visit with any questions you may have.
- Weight check
- Blood pressure
- Heart tones & baby's position
- Uterine measurement (to monitor fetal growth)
- An optional, non-invasive, non-diagnostic ultrasound for heartbeat detection and positioning.
Prenatal visits schedule:
- Initial visit: getting to know each other
- Every four weeks until 32 weeks
- Every two weeks until 36 weeks
- Weekly until delivery (more often if >1 week overdue)
- Prenatal panel (initial blood work-up)
- Diagnostic ultra sound (referred out as necessary)
- Genetic screening (referred out as necessary)
- Gestational diabetes screen
- Group B Strep screening and treatment if necessary